A few weeks ago I started the second half of my study abroad session in Morocco. So, as I said goodbye to the amazing friends that I made during summer 1, I anxiously awaited the arrival of the new group. Even after a few short weeks I can already tell they are going to be a great group. Last weekend, I accompanied them on their first excursion to Volubilis & Fes. Despite the fact that I had already done this trip with my original group I decided to tag along for a few reasons...
- I truly wanted to get to know the new members of the ISA program, and from past experience, I remember how getting lost together on excursions served as a strong bonding moment with my friends from summer 1.
- It was free...hey, I will take a private & air-conditioned ISA bus over the Moroccan train system any day.
- Shopping!! If there is anything, and I mean anything, that you need to find/buy-it will be in Fes. So, I used this trip to purchase some early christmas gifts and to take advantage of the outstanding quality and prices of Moroccan leather.
- Lastly, I wanted to make a video! During the last session I got no footage from my excursion to Volubilis. This time around, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to make a video with the new members of summer 2.
Before I attach my video, I should probably explain what Volubilis is! Voluilis (aka Walili) is located midway between Meknes and Fes. It is a archeological site of Roman ruins complete with corinthian columns, mosaics, and other well preserved remnants of the former city. I think I managed to capture the beauty of these ruins in my video {So Enjoy Everyone}
No comments:
Post a Comment