Monday, June 18, 2012

The Cities by the Sea: Tangier & Asilah

.
This past weekend, I went on a final excursion. I traveled to two gorgeous cities, Tangier & Asilah. The sole purpose of the trip was to relax (i.e. no monuments or tours). Thus, all of us fled to the beautiful beaches of Asilah. After the long weekend, Asilah quickly ended up being my favorite city in Morocco. Not only was the city calm and undeniably peaceful, but it consisted of two of my favorite things, art and water. Art seemed to be one of the unmistakeable themes of the city. Almost every person I met there was artisan. Moreover, the art of Asilah is mostly displayed along the cities sprawling white walls. Large vivid murals cover commonplace residential walls throughout the city. Besides its thriving artistic culture, Asilah is most significantly a beach town. The endless expanse of beach is breathtaking. An entire day could literally be spent relaxing along the ocean. Anyway, here is the video from my last excursion, I hope you enjoy the video as much as I enjoyed making it!

No comments:

Post a Comment